Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Transportation: lighter than air

Who can resist a smart remark when it comes to the Lansdowne project?
That was the approach that Mayor Watson took in suggesting that we should buy in to the project because the alternative was to leave the site as is forever. (Think of the anthropologists a millenium hence!)
I'm as guilty as anyone. At one point I commented to various people that the transportation plan has changed because none of the new drawings shows a dirigible (remember the beautiful picture of the sunset with the full stands and the lighter-than-air craft?). I said somthing along the lines of "Well I had assumed that the plan was to transport the thousands of fans to the games by lighter-than-air craft and I guess they have change their mind."
OK, I apologize. I was kidding.
I don't quite understand how everyone gets there, but we "make do".

No comments:

Post a Comment